According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, thousands of cases are reported which have injuries due to the malfunctioned garage door. Most accidents occur in the hot summer season.
It is obvious because the driveway of the garage door is kept busy with the most actions such as, coming and going of the children playing outside or riding their bikes. Most of the accidents are related to the closed garage door on adults and children, hand or foot becoming caught in the panels or sections while attempting DIY garage door repair work. The common injuries due to garage door often include crushed bones, fractures, and amputation. On average, 20,000 people a year are treated in the emergency rooms of the hospital for garage door related injuries. Visit here https://garagedoorrepairnewportricheyfl.com/ to learn more safety tips about the garage door.
Most of the accidents are happened due to the faulty component, malfunctioning garage door opener or springs, and unsupervised kids. In order to keep your car, family, and other belongings safe during this summer, you should adopt the following mentioned garage door safety tips:
- Keep your garage door opener control out of the range of children. Never allow your kids to play with the garage door remote or any other operating device. Like any other toy, if kids are allowed to play with the garage door once they will continue it even without the supervision of their guardians. Be sensible; don’t devolve such as bad habit.
- Clarify the dangers and associated risks of the garage door to your family members. If they understand that there are a lot of dangers related to the garage door and it’s not a toy to play. Then they will be staying away from the way to harm. If you have installed a sectional garage door. Make sure that children know that never put their hands, fingers, or any other objects between the sections.
- Make sure that your family members know how to operate the “emergency release” feature of the garage door in case of any unhappy incident. You may use the user’s manual to give informative instructions on these features.
- Inspect the garage door at least once a month. Conduct a deep inspection of garage door springs, cables, rollers, pulleys, mounting brackets, and any other important part which has signs of wear and tear. While doing so, follow the safety steps and don’t attempt to fix, adjust, or remove the garage door springs or its related mechanism. It is the right job for trained and experienced garage door experts. These devices are placed under extreme tension due to which they can snap easily and can cause serious injuries or even death.
- Test the safety features of your garage door regularly. Put a small yet durable object in the way of a garage door so that it will create contact with the hurdle on the ground as it closes. In case, garage door sensors are functioning properly, the garage door should stop and reverses automatically and force the garage door to goes back to its opened position once it comes in contact with the hurdle. If the garage door does not stop and reverse to its opposite direction, then it’s the right time to contact with a professional garage door technician.
Regular garage door maintenance is the first and important procedure to make sure that your home is safe and secure for all your family members and car. Again, if your garage door in of some sort of repairing, contact a professional garage door repair company to manage the door, for the safety of your family.
Every homeowner should be aware of the potential dangers associated with the garage door. By conducting a few summer safety tips you can keep your family safe and your garage door working in excellent condition.